Home > Media > News > Dial home to check on your house
Dial home to check on your house

Business Standard [April 30, 2007]
BS Reporter / Chennai/ Bangalore: Now you can work in your kitchen, and watch your kids play outside, at the same time with Digihome Solutions Ltd's new digital home solution Digihome.

Through this home solution you can switch off the fans, lights, gas stoves and geysers in your homes while sitting in the office, pre-record a greeting for yourself or your family members as they enter the house, and also send an SMS home without using the mobile.

Digihome costs between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 4 lakh and the company is looking at providing it to builders for both townships and residential complexes.

"We have also received enquiries from individual houses but right now we are not equipped to provide it to them," Digihomes' director Chandrashekar Raje said.

The company has deployed the solution in three residential complexes and is working on about 10 more projects. Digital Solutions is present in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Chennai at present.

"We have to be involved with the builders right from the beginning. We are targeting builders who offer flats for Rs 30 lakh and above," Raje said at the launch of Digihome.

The Rs 300-crore IT firm Aftek Ltd owns 25 per cent of Digihome Solutions Ltd, while the other 75 per cent is owned by promoters.

Original article at: